Friday, November 11, 2011

Chef Andrew Hunter to Feed Troops


I received this email from a friend I went to culinary school with nearly 25 years ago.  Andrew owns his own culinary R&D company and has been instrumental in developing menu items and concepts for the likes of Wolfgang Puck and Darden Restaurants.

Here is a link to Andrew's website.  I contacted him this evening and he promises to take lots of pictures at this special event.  I even inquired about him coming to speak to our students.

Culinary Craft


Dear Friends and Family,

Some of you might know, I have been invited by the US Army to cook Thanksgiving dinner for 400 Green Berets in Afghanistan. I'll be leaving in a few days for approximately three weeks with four other chefs. We land at Bagram Air Base and then venture to several places in the countryside, cooking along the way. For safety reasons, the actual destinations are and will be unknown until we arrive at each place. The fact that we're going at all is to remain under general wraps and will not to be made available to the public until we return.

On few occasions in life, an opportunity like this one arises. I'm looking forward to a rewarding and very different Thanksgiving this year with the enviable chance to give back, albeit in a small way, by cooking a traditional feast for some of the most deserving people I can think of. These soldiers have given so much to us, my hope is to bring them a taste of home for the holidays.

Here's wishing you and yours a very Happy Veterans Day and Thanksgiving!

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew Hunter, President
Culinary Craft
8009 Clinton Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048
323.782.9552 office
415.425.1368 cell
www.culinary-craft.com
@CulinaryCraft

1 comment:

  1. The fellows in Jalalabad were very impressed with what a talented chef could do with Army chow. Great meal. Much appreciated. So said my son.

    ReplyDelete