Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Platt students assist at Gaillardia country Club


Posted by Picasa
On Monday, three of our students assisted at an all-day function at Gaillardia Country Club where Jason Lister, a former Platt graduate, is now the Restaurant Manager.  From left to right it is John Fulton, Haco Barfield, Jason Lister and Ryan Walters.  Here is what they had to say...


Haco Barfield
How I spent my day at Gaillardia
                When I showed up I walked in through the very tall and hugely impressive front doors, and met with former Platt student, Jason Lister. He was very professional and friendly. He promptly put us to work polishing wine and beer glasses. When we finished up the glasses Jason asked for a volunteer. I was his guy. I was put in charge of running the beverage station. This entailed keeping the tea and water made and the canisters replenished through the day. I also stocked and rolled silverware. I bussed tables when the drink station did not have me hopping. This was pretty much my routine through out the day, aside from getting to eat some very tasty food two times that day.
                I learned a lot about time management. I also learned how banquets work, and that organization works wonders for smooth operation. I got to see some things about how a country club works, and if I had one, some of the things I would change. Over all it was fun, and very educational about front of the house, and banquet operations.


John Fulton
My day at Gaillardia was an awesome experience. 
We did a lot of front of the house work. Also bused a few tables and set up for the next shotgun banquette. Jason was very knowledgeable and helpful with what we needed to do. The opportunity to go and see the3 facilities at Gaillardia and to possibly meet good connections was and will be great for the future.

                The front of the house work that we did consisted of polishing glasses, folding napkins, setting up the beverage station, and keep it fully stocked, changing tablecloths setting chairs back in place, working around the golfers from the tournament getting plates out of their way so that they could have their awards ceremony. We also got the used dishes ready for the dish pit.


No comments:

Post a Comment