Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Competition - Daily updates

As some of you might know I will be going to Atlanta, GA from August 26-28 and competing in the Chocolatier of the year section of the Pastry Live Event. This is exciting for me but represents only a small piece of what I hope to gain from the experience. I will be attending a full list of seminars taught by leading pastry chefs from around the world. This will be a great opportunity to learn new techniques and to validate the great pastry concepts we have already integrated into our Pastry Arts Program at Platt College. In addition, the event will host a student competition and a cake decorating competition.  Wouldn't it be great to have a student competition pastry team competing!  I want to share my experiences at the conference through dialogue, photos, and videos. I will place information on a separate blog and will recap each days' events as a link on this site. I have included the various platforms you can follow with updates from the seminar below. There will also be a tasting on Monday, August 22nd at 4:00 PM for anyone who wants to attend at the Moore campus. So if you like chocolate, come take a taste!  This will be an opportunity for me to share with you the two chocolates I will be taking to the competition and give me an extra chance to practice.  More information and a reminder will be coming again later!

Blog - Life of a Chocolatier
CocoFlow - Facebook
CocoFlow - Twitter





http://www.plattcolleges.edu/Culinary/Culinary-Disclosures.htm Since 1979, Platt College exists with one purpose; to create a workforce of professionals with the skills and training necessary to answer the needs of today's and tomorrow's workplace. The college is located in Tulsa, Moore, Lawton, Central and North Oklahoma City as well as in Dallas, Texas. For more information call 405-946-7799, or visit www.plattcolleges.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment