Tuesday, September 27, 2011

First Day of Class - By Cassandra Welch


As I sit outside in my car on my first day of school in almost a decade, all I can think about is how incredibly tired I am. I sat up last night in a mix of excitement, fear and anticipation, which resulted in a measly 5 hours of sleep. What a great way to start off the first day of the rest of my life. Once I made it inside I noticed how happy and relaxed the other students seem, which makes me a little less apprehensive about this whole process. As I walk into class a sense of deja vu comes over me. I find a spot in the middle of class and settle in, ready to give my all.

Chef Rob and Chef Dale are our instructors, I think. Chef Rob gave some really good lectures about what to expect not only from school but also in our chosen careers. Chef Dale sat in class making me feel as though the principal was making his presence known and threw in a few anecdotes here and there. I was a little bummed out by the fact that I'm not involved with all the fun stuff that goes with the Culinary Program, but at least the Bachelor Program give me a little more leverage when I ever the work force. After a lecture and a good Q&A session about the wonderful world of sanitation, we are dismissed and I leave feeling really good about my decision for the rest of my life.

Cassandra Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment