Tuesday, September 27, 2011

First Day of Class - By Dmitri Wyatt


Student loans, grants, be on time, don’t be late, don’t miss any days… That’s right you guessed it! First day of school! Man, so excited to at last have the chance to do something I’m in love with. I’ve always loved food, eating food, seeing food, creating food I love it all! My mom was never great at sharing the kitchen, when I was younger I would ask her to show me things in the kitchen, soon I would just be in the way and bumped out to watch her do her thing on the sideline. Then later dish duty.
I will be the first to say, I thought this day would never get here, but today it hit full force. CSC, CCC, CEC, CMC, COC, CWPC, ACF, SOP, to be honest I was lost after the first three. Let’s not forget about the DANGER ZONE!!! I thought chef might be sending us in the battle!
Did I mention food borne-illness outbreaks?! Oh, but that’s only if it’s two or more people. Time is money, and pathogens, those are the bad guys! Did I tell you, you can’t see them, smell them, or taste them? Sneaky little ninjas! How about all the places pathogens can live? Milk, pork, beef, lamb, fish, baked potatoes, and this list does go on and on.
Okay, all jokes aside. Today was in fact an awesome day! I did feel a bit over-whelmed leaving class thinking in my head, I hope I can keep up, I hope I can make that work. That all changed quickly after I got home and put on my chef coat with my cool pants and stood in front of the mirror and said, “I will make this work, and I will keep up, why? Because this is what I’ve wanted and made it this far. Go big or go home.”
And, well my friends I don’t plan on going home!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Platt, Demetri! Great Blog. Look forward to meeting you and the rest of your class. Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Demitri,

    Great post...you have a real talent for writing. Can't wait to see your kitchen skills!

    Chef Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wait...English Composition is just around the corner. ;-)

    ReplyDelete